Little Doves Data Retention Document May 2018 can be viewed here
Data Protection and Privacy Notice May 2018
Data Protection Officer: Jenny Walker (trustee) & Pam Biddulph (manager & trustee)
We record and share information about children and their families (data subjects) in line with the eight principles of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (2018).
The eight principles state that personal data must be:
- Personal information must be fairly and lawfully processed
- Personal information must be processed for limited purposes
- Personal information must be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Personal information must be accurate and up to date
- Personal information must not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Personal information must be processed in line with the data subject’s rights
- Personal information must be secure
- Personal information must not be transferred to other countries without adequate protection (in circumstances where this may happen e.g. Facebook additional permission is sought from the parent/carer)
We are committed to ensuring that any personal data we hold about you and your child is protected in accordance with data protection laws and is used in line with your expectations.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how we protect it.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data about you and your child to provide care and learning that is tailored to meet your child’s individual needs. We also collect information in order to verify your eligibility for free childcare as applicable.
Personal details that we collect about your child for the pre-school and on behalf of Essex County Council include your child’s:
- date of birth,
- health and medical needs including the name of your child’s health visitor/social worker if applicable,
- development needs,
- special educational needs if applicable,
- country of birth
- first language
- GP’s name, address and telephone number
Where applicable we will obtain child protection plans from social care and health care plans from health professionals. Additional permission is sought in these circumstances.
We will also ask for information about who has parental responsibility for your child, who has legal access and any court orders pertaining to your child.
Personal details that we collect about you include your:
- home address,
- phone numbers,
- emergency contact details,
- email address for correspondence
- family details
- anyone who must not collect your child from the preschool
All of this information is collected from you directly on the Little Doves Registration, Sessions Requested and Permission Form May 2018.
If you apply for up to 30 hours free childcare or EYPP funding we will also collect:
- your national insurance number or unique taxpayer reference (UTR), if you’re self-employed
- your national asylum support service reference (if applicable)
- your date of birth
We may also collect information regarding benefits and family credits that you are in receipt of.
Personal details of your nominated person to collect your child in an emergency/authorised person to pick up your child that we collect are:
- telephone number
- relationship to child
Why we collect this information and the legal basis for handling your data
We use personal data about you and your child in order to provide childcare services and fulfil the contractual arrangement you have entered into. This includes using your data to:
- contact you in case of an emergency
- support your child’s wellbeing and development
- manage any special educational, health or medical needs of your child whilst at our setting
- carry out regular assessment of your child’s progress and to identify any areas of concern
- maintain contact with you about your child’s progress and respond to any questions you may have
- process your claim for up to 30 hours free childcare where applicable and to apply for EYPP funding where applicable
- keep you updated with information about our service
- apply for tax refund on Gift Aid donations
- to meet the Charity Commission requirement of being able to verify donors and consider any conditions attached to donations
With your consent on the Little Doves Registration, Sessions Requested and Permission Form May 2018, we will also record your child’s activities for their individual learning record. This may include photographs and videos. Parental/carer permission is sought to allow for photographs to be uploaded onto the Little Doves CP Closed Facebook Page and website. Parents/carers are asked to sign that they agree to the terms and conditions of Facebook, being aware that the data (including photos) can be stored outside the EU. You will have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time for images taken by confirming so in writing to Pam Biddulph, manager.
We have a legal obligation to process safeguarding related data about your child should we have concerns about their welfare (see Little Doves Registration, Sessions Requested and Permission Form May 2018 for circumstance when this might be done). We also have a legal obligation to transfer records and certain information about your child to the school that your child will be attending (see Transfer of Records April 2018 policy).
Who we share your data with
In order for us to deliver childcare services we will also share your data as required with the following categories of recipients:
- Ofsted – during an inspection or following a complaint about our service
- banking services (as applicable)
- Essex County Council, for example:
- when your child receives either their Free Early Years Entitlement
- when your child receives 30 hours extended hours free childcare
- annual Early Years Census
- Common Assessment Framework
- If you require more information about how Essex County Council and DfE store and use this data please go to essex.gov.uk/FEEE (see paragraph headed ‘Early Years census and personal data’)
- the government’s eligibility checker (where you claim up to 30 hours free childcare)
- HMRC (Gift Aid)
- our insurance underwriter (if applicable)
- our setting software management provider
- healthcare/special educational needs professionals (additional permission will be sought for this)
- the school that your child will be attending
- another pre-school your child is attending (additional permission will be sought for this)
We will also share your data if:
- we are legally required to do so, for example, by law, by a court or the Charity Commission;
- to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of your contract with us;
- to protect your child and other children; for example, by sharing information with social care or the police;
- it is necessary to protect our/or others rights, property or safety
- we transfer the management of the setting, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer so they may continue the service in the same way.
We will never share your data with any other organisation to use for their own purposes.
How do we protect your data?
We protect unauthorised access to your personal data and prevent it from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed. We consider our records as confidential based on the sensitivity of information. These confidential records are maintained with regard to the framework of the General Data Protection Regulations (2018) and the Human Rights Act (1998). We have also put into place the security measures outlined in Essex County Council ‘Standards for Information Management and Security’ and ‘Standards on Data Protection.’ (Copies of both are available in the Operational Plan).
For further details please also see (available in the Policies and Procedures File on the sign-in table in the main hall):
- Confidentiality and Client Access to Records Policy
- Information Sharing Policy
- Children’s Records Policy
- Provider Records
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, Little Doves Christian Pre-school cannot accept responsibility for the security of the information you send to us over the internet or any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Little Doves Christian Pre-school uses a closed Facebook page. The members of the site are verified by the group administrators, either Pam Biddulph or Holly Kannor. Parental/carer permission is sought for photographs of their child taken at Little Doves CP to be uploaded onto the Little Doves Christian Pre-school Closed Group Facebook page and the parent/carer signs to say they agree to the terms and conditions of Facebook, being aware that the data (including photos) can be stored outside the EU.
Some of the photographs of the children taken at Little Doves are uploaded onto the website to show parents/ carers and other potential families some of the activities that have taken place in the pre-school. Parental/carer permission is sought for any photographs taken of their child at Little Doves CP to be uploaded onto the website. Photographs of the children to go on the ‘Photos’ tab of the website are uploaded by the website designer. The photographs of a child are removed after 6 months of the child leaving the setting.
The website provides a donate button through which donations to a PayPal account can be made. Please see the terms and conditions of PayPal for further information.
The website also provides an opportunity for an email inquiry to be sent to the pre-school manager or administrator. In all correspondence from these email addresses there is an option to no longer receive information and updates about the pre-school. Email correspondence will be kept in line with Little Doves Data Retention Document May 2018 which can be viewed in the Policies and Procedures File on the sign-in table in the main hall or on our website.
How long do we retain your data?
We retain your child’s personal data in accordance with our Little Doves Data Retention Document May 2018 which can be viewed in the Policies and Procedures File on the sign-in table in the main hall or on our website.
Your child’s learning and development records are maintained by us and handed to you when your child leaves.
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to:
- request access, amend or correct your/your child’s personal data
- request that we delete or stop processing your/your child’s personal data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- request that we transfer your, and your child’s personal data to another person
If you wish to exercise any of these rights at any time or if you have any questions, comments or concerns about this privacy notice, or how we handle your data please contact Pam Biddulph/Jenny Walker. If you continue to have concerns about the way your data is handled and remain dissatisfied after raising your concern with us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or ico.org.uk/
Changes to this notice
We keep this notice under regular review. You will be notified of any changes where appropriate.